Man from Three Holes burgled Downham Market home after losing his job
- Credit: Archant
A burglar from Three Holes who stole £640 cash from a Downham Market home after losing his job later handed himself in to police, a court heard.
Neil Robinson 43, stole the cash after smashing a jar containing the cash at the Priory Road home but left his blood behind at the scene, Norwich Crown Court was told.
Chris Youell, prosecuting, said Robinson later handed himself into police and said that he was “off his face” at the time of the offence.
Robinson, of Main Road, Three Holes, Wisbech, admitted the burglary and was jailed two years and four months.
Danielle O’Donovan, for Robinson, who has a long history of offending, said he had been turning his life around and doing well but after he lost his job he had a temporary relapse after taking drugs.
You may also want to watch:
She said he was hoping to repay the cash he took.
Robinson also apologised to the court for the burglary.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online