Man from Three Holes burgled Downham Market home after losing his job
- Credit: Archant
A burglar from Three Holes who stole £640 cash from a Downham Market home after losing his job later handed himself in to police, a court heard.
Neil Robinson 43, stole the cash after smashing a jar containing the cash at the Priory Road home but left his blood behind at the scene, Norwich Crown Court was told.
Chris Youell, prosecuting, said Robinson later handed himself into police and said that he was “off his face” at the time of the offence.
Robinson, of Main Road, Three Holes, Wisbech, admitted the burglary and was jailed two years and four months.
Danielle O’Donovan, for Robinson, who has a long history of offending, said he had been turning his life around and doing well but after he lost his job he had a temporary relapse after taking drugs.
You may also want to watch:
She said he was hoping to repay the cash he took.
Robinson also apologised to the court for the burglary.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police