Three Counties Running Club in support of NHS celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club had a great club attendance to show support in helping celebrate 70 years of the NHS.
King’s Lynn Parkrun had 384 runners in total helping to celebrate this great achievement with 21 of them coming from TCRC and seven managing personal bests.
First runner home for TCRC was Lee Johnson with a fantastic PB time of 19:44 followed closely by first female club member Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough in a great time of 21:23.
There was a nice continuous steady flow of finishes with Colin Apps next to cross the line in 22:29, Matt Hunter 23:15, Sarah Clark 24:22 PB, Gary Bligh 24:22, Tracy Pratt 25:08, Sarah Johnson 25:41, Marc Martin 25:54, Dawn Ball 25:54PB, Debbie Agger 26:09, Sarah-Jane Macdonald 26:10PB, Zoe Gourley 26:20, Barry Clark 27:46, Fay Gratton 28:22, Alice Ingman 29:14, Rebekah Clough 29:48 PB(Junior), Frances Salter 29:49, Sarah Clough 30:56 PB(Junior), Joely Apps 31:10, Sarah Lamb 31:14 and Barbara Leake 35:40.
Sunday saw three members participate in two different 10k events.
Husband and wife members Mark and Anne-Marie Mattless took part in the second race of the 2018 Jaguar 10k Series, with them both running PB’s. This was a fast, flat road race around RAF Coltishall with Mark finishing in a PB of 46:57 and Anne-Marie in a PB of 1:03:19.
Steve Clarke was the solo runner flying the TCRC flag at the Aldridge 10k event. It was a very hot, humid day with a lot of hills thrown in for good measure but he still managed a great time of 1:06:02.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
The third junior parkrun event at Wisbech was a great success again with 50 youngsters taking part. TCRC had 11 juniors taking part and six PB’s.
First home for TCRC and in 5th position was Lily Amps in a great time of 10.02 followed in 6th place by Casey Grange with a PB 10:58, Hayden Hall 11:58, William Durkin 12:04, Emily Salter 13:35PB, Stephanie Harbord 13:57, Jessica Salter 16:06PB, Kallum Hall 17:59PB, Joseph Durkin 21:37, Laurence Durkin 21:42PB, Esme Drake 21:55PB.
Three Counties Running Club are next flying the flag on Sunday June 17 at the Green Wheel Relay. The junior parkrun is held at 9am every Sunday at Wisbech Park for four to 14-year-olds.
Visit www.parkrun.org.uk/wisbech-juniors/ for more information.