Thousands of pounds help Wisbech groups
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Wisbech has sent a massive thankyou to the people and businesses of the town for their generous support during the last fund raising year. Rotary Year July 2013 to June 2014,
Bill Redmayne, past president of the club said: “We would appreciate your help in thanking the people and businesses of Wisbech for their exceptional support during Rotary Year 2013-14.
“It has enabled us to support a large number of very worthwhile causes.”
New president Pearl Davies, who took office on July 1, will be continuing the good work of leading the fund raising team, he said.
Mrs Davies was a former member of the management team at Somerfield’s, who were great supporters of the Christmas Parcels campaign and have continued under the Coop management.
You may also want to watch:
In the past year the Rotary Club have donated more than £13,000 to good causes in the town including the Rosmini Centre, Meadowgate School sensory garden, Thomas Clarkson Academy, St Peters Church harvest supper, wheel chairs for disabled children, Wisbech Talking Newspaper, specialist scales for Wisbech Hospital, a special chair for a resident at King John’s House, the Wisbech Institute, the Care Network choir, Christmas parcels for sixty elderly lonely people, Vivien Fire Engine, local scouts and guides groups and sea cadets.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart