THORNEY: One dead and several injured after crash between car and a double decker
ONE person has died and several more are injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough, this morning.Emergency services were called to the scene at 11.09 am and the road is closed in both directions f
ONE person has died and several more are injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough, this morning.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 11.09 am and the road is closed in both directions from the Eye roundabout to the Guyhirn roundabout, with diversions in place.
Police, ambulance, air ambulance and fire crews are all in attendance. It is believed that the bus hit a tree.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said there was one fatality, who it is thought died at the scene, and a woman had been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital with a fractured pelvis.
You may also want to watch:
"This was a well attended incident with fire and police on the scene, six ambulances and both air ambulances and two senior officers," she said.
"There were six walking wounded with various injuries taken to Peterborough Hospital and a further person was collared and boarded with a suspected back and neck injury."
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
Five more patients were treated at the scene but not taken to hospital.