THORNEY: One dead and several injured after crash between car and a double decker
ONE person has died and several more are injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough, this morning.Emergency services were called to the scene at 11.09 am and the road is closed in both directions f
ONE person has died and several more are injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough, this morning.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 11.09 am and the road is closed in both directions from the Eye roundabout to the Guyhirn roundabout, with diversions in place.
Police, ambulance, air ambulance and fire crews are all in attendance. It is believed that the bus hit a tree.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said there was one fatality, who it is thought died at the scene, and a woman had been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital with a fractured pelvis.
"This was a well attended incident with fire and police on the scene, six ambulances and both air ambulances and two senior officers," she said.
"There were six walking wounded with various injuries taken to Peterborough Hospital and a further person was collared and boarded with a suspected back and neck injury."
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 8 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
Five more patients were treated at the scene but not taken to hospital.