THORNEY: One dead and several injured after crash between car and a double decker
ONE person has died and several more are injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough, this morning.Emergency services were called to the scene at 11.09 am and the road is closed in both directions f
ONE person has died and several more are injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough, this morning.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 11.09 am and the road is closed in both directions from the Eye roundabout to the Guyhirn roundabout, with diversions in place.
Police, ambulance, air ambulance and fire crews are all in attendance. It is believed that the bus hit a tree.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said there was one fatality, who it is thought died at the scene, and a woman had been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital with a fractured pelvis.
"This was a well attended incident with fire and police on the scene, six ambulances and both air ambulances and two senior officers," she said.
"There were six walking wounded with various injuries taken to Peterborough Hospital and a further person was collared and boarded with a suspected back and neck injury."
- 1 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 2 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 3 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 5 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 6 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 9 Households urged to ‘be vigilant’ after many targeted by rogue traders
Five more patients were treated at the scene but not taken to hospital.