THORNEY: One dead and several injured after crash between car and a double decker
ONE person has died and several more are injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough, this morning.Emergency services were called to the scene at 11.09 am and the road is closed in both directions f
ONE person has died and several more are injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough, this morning.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 11.09 am and the road is closed in both directions from the Eye roundabout to the Guyhirn roundabout, with diversions in place.
Police, ambulance, air ambulance and fire crews are all in attendance. It is believed that the bus hit a tree.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said there was one fatality, who it is thought died at the scene, and a woman had been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital with a fractured pelvis.
You may also want to watch:
"This was a well attended incident with fire and police on the scene, six ambulances and both air ambulances and two senior officers," she said.
"There were six walking wounded with various injuries taken to Peterborough Hospital and a further person was collared and boarded with a suspected back and neck injury."
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
Five more patients were treated at the scene but not taken to hospital.