Man hospitalised with serious injuries after five-vehicle A47 crash
- Credit: FENLAND AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY
A man was hospitalised with serious injuries following a five-vehicle crash on the A47 near Thorney.
The collision, which involved a black BMW 320, a yellow Mercedes Sprinter and three HGVs, happened at about 8.40am yesterday (Monday August 23).
Officers, paramedics, fire crews and the air ambulance all attended the scene.
A man in his 20s who was driving the BMW was taken to hospital with serious injuries. He continues to receive treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The driver of the Mercedes, a man in his 20s, received minor injuries and was also taken to hospital.
Police are now appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision, has dashcam footage, or believes they may have seen the vehicles in the build up to it, to come forward.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 5 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 8 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
- 9 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 10 Men caught with cannabis at village park