Plea to find driver who failed to stop following collision on the A47 after woman’s car ends up in a field
- Credit: Archant
Teacher Charli Ward has posted photos of her car that was forced off the road in a bid to find the driver responsible.
Ms Ward was travelling home to Wisbech when the incident happened on the A47 at Thorney on Sunday.
“I am seeking any witnesses who didn’t stop at the scene for a crash on the A47 Thorney at 5:20pm tonight,” she said..
“I just need you to give a statement to the police, please.”
She is asking anyone who may have witnessed it to call Cambs Police on 101 and quote the incident number 308 09/09/18.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am particularly interested in anyone who knows the details of a failed to stop silver Mercedes or has dash cam footage of this Mercedes or the crash itself.”
She added: “I am exceptionally lucky my daughter was not in the car, as the impact was entirely her side.”
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
Dozens have so far shared her post on local Facebook groups and Charli: some people have already said they may have dash cam footage of the A47 at around that time. She is hoping they can identify the other driver involved.