Plea to find driver who failed to stop following collision on the A47 after woman’s car ends up in a field
- Credit: Archant
Teacher Charli Ward has posted photos of her car that was forced off the road in a bid to find the driver responsible.
Ms Ward was travelling home to Wisbech when the incident happened on the A47 at Thorney on Sunday.
“I am seeking any witnesses who didn’t stop at the scene for a crash on the A47 Thorney at 5:20pm tonight,” she said..
“I just need you to give a statement to the police, please.”
She is asking anyone who may have witnessed it to call Cambs Police on 101 and quote the incident number 308 09/09/18.
She said: “I am particularly interested in anyone who knows the details of a failed to stop silver Mercedes or has dash cam footage of this Mercedes or the crash itself.”
She added: “I am exceptionally lucky my daughter was not in the car, as the impact was entirely her side.”
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
Dozens have so far shared her post on local Facebook groups and Charli: some people have already said they may have dash cam footage of the A47 at around that time. She is hoping they can identify the other driver involved.