Plea to find driver who failed to stop following collision on the A47 after woman’s car ends up in a field
- Credit: Archant
Teacher Charli Ward has posted photos of her car that was forced off the road in a bid to find the driver responsible.
Ms Ward was travelling home to Wisbech when the incident happened on the A47 at Thorney on Sunday.
“I am seeking any witnesses who didn’t stop at the scene for a crash on the A47 Thorney at 5:20pm tonight,” she said..
“I just need you to give a statement to the police, please.”
She is asking anyone who may have witnessed it to call Cambs Police on 101 and quote the incident number 308 09/09/18.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am particularly interested in anyone who knows the details of a failed to stop silver Mercedes or has dash cam footage of this Mercedes or the crash itself.”
She added: “I am exceptionally lucky my daughter was not in the car, as the impact was entirely her side.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
Dozens have so far shared her post on local Facebook groups and Charli: some people have already said they may have dash cam footage of the A47 at around that time. She is hoping they can identify the other driver involved.