Thomas Clarkson PE teacher Amy taking on Great North Run in memory of Nanna for the Alzheimer’s Society
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy PE teacher Amy Anderson will be pulling on her trainers for the Great North Run this Sunday.
Miss Anderson will be joining her brother Craig to run the half marathon event in memory of her Nanna who died last year. The pair are raising funds for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Miss Anderson said: “My Nanna passed away on the day of the Great North Run last year, my brother and I decided to run it this year in her memory.
“In preparation I have run the Grand East Anglia Run in King’s Lynn and in July I did a 10km run around the Olympic Park in London.
“I am hoping to finish in around two and a half hours, but the main thing is to finish rather than the time.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to sponsor Miss Anderson can do so by donating at www.justgiving.com/GNRAnderson.
Alternatively you can text GNRA61 followed by £1, £2, £3, £5 or £10 (e.g. GNRA61 £2) to 70070. There are also money pots located around the academy for loose change donations.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour