Thomas Clarkson PE teacher Amy taking on Great North Run in memory of Nanna for the Alzheimer’s Society
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy PE teacher Amy Anderson will be pulling on her trainers for the Great North Run this Sunday.
Miss Anderson will be joining her brother Craig to run the half marathon event in memory of her Nanna who died last year. The pair are raising funds for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Miss Anderson said: “My Nanna passed away on the day of the Great North Run last year, my brother and I decided to run it this year in her memory.
“In preparation I have run the Grand East Anglia Run in King’s Lynn and in July I did a 10km run around the Olympic Park in London.
“I am hoping to finish in around two and a half hours, but the main thing is to finish rather than the time.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to sponsor Miss Anderson can do so by donating at www.justgiving.com/GNRAnderson.
Alternatively you can text GNRA61 followed by £1, £2, £3, £5 or £10 (e.g. GNRA61 £2) to 70070. There are also money pots located around the academy for loose change donations.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 4 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka