Thomas Clarkson PE teacher Amy taking on Great North Run in memory of Nanna for the Alzheimer’s Society
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy PE teacher Amy Anderson will be pulling on her trainers for the Great North Run this Sunday.
Miss Anderson will be joining her brother Craig to run the half marathon event in memory of her Nanna who died last year. The pair are raising funds for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Miss Anderson said: “My Nanna passed away on the day of the Great North Run last year, my brother and I decided to run it this year in her memory.
“In preparation I have run the Grand East Anglia Run in King’s Lynn and in July I did a 10km run around the Olympic Park in London.
“I am hoping to finish in around two and a half hours, but the main thing is to finish rather than the time.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to sponsor Miss Anderson can do so by donating at www.justgiving.com/GNRAnderson.
Alternatively you can text GNRA61 followed by £1, £2, £3, £5 or £10 (e.g. GNRA61 £2) to 70070. There are also money pots located around the academy for loose change donations.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land