THOMAS CLARKSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Students shine in debating conference
TWO argumentative students from the Thomas Clarkson Community College won a top award at a model United Nations Conference. Olivia Elsey and Tom Chapman s debating and presentation skills won them an honourable award, a certificate and a trophy. The Wisbe
TWO argumentative students from the Thomas Clarkson Community College won a top award at a model United Nations Conference.
Olivia Elsey and Tom Chapman's debating and presentation skills won them an honourable award, a certificate and a trophy.
The Wisbech school students were given the task of representing Iraq at the conference. They held meetings and presented their case to the conference throughout the day.
Deputy headteacher Jim Grant, who accompanied the students, said: "I am so proud of Tom and Olivia. They were really impressive and they are a great example to other young people at Thomas Clarkson.
You may also want to watch:
"They were really quite brilliant and put up a great fight in some much exulted company."
The conference was chaired by Sir Keith Ajegbo, the Department for Children, Schools and Families adviser. It was attended by students from other parts of Cambridgeshire as well as Bradford, Manchester and North Yorkshire.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
It was part of a series of events exploring the themes of identity, diversity and citizenship as part of 'who do we think we are week' in Bradford.