100 per cent pass rate for A-Level maths, chemistry and physics students at Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A-Level maths, chemistry and physics students at Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech have achieved a 100 per cent pass rate.
With 57 per cent of the maths students gaining A*-B grades, associate principal Richard Scott said the success is helped by the academy’s “drive to improve outcomes for students by creating a culture of ambition”.
Mr Scott said: “Thomas Clarkson Academy is celebrating another strong set of results in maths and the sciences, with students again going on to prestigious Russell Group universities for the second year running.
“We’re very pleased that the school continues to make progress and that we’re sending students off to a variety of universities to study a broad selection of courses.
“We’re very happy to report that a number of students have done very well in subjects such as the sciences and we’ve delighted to see more A grades in some of these areas.”
Students are heading to universities including King’s College London and the University of Nottingham.
In October last year, Ofsted inspectors judged TCA’s sixth form as ‘good’, noting that “leaders have high expectations” and that students make good progress.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
Fifty-seven per cent of A-Level students gained A*-B grades.