Two staff members at Wisbech school test positive for Covid-19
Two staff members at Thomas Clarkson Academy have tested positive for Covid-19 this weekend, it has emerged.
The news comes as it was revealed a Year 11 student tested positive for the virus, and a ‘bubble’ of 32 students told to self-isolate at home for 14 days.
A letter to parents dated yesterday (October 18) explained the recent staff members who tested positive had not been in contact with students.
It said: “We have been made aware of two members of our staff who have tested positive for Covid-19 over the weekend.
“We know that you may find this concerning, but we are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England.”
It added: “The small number of staff who have been in close contact with the individuals who have tested positive for coronavirus (Covid-19) have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
“Due to the measures we have in place, we have not identified any students who have been in contact with the individuals.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
Richard Scott, principal of Thomas Clarkson Academy, said: “The school remains open and your child should continue to attend as normal if they remain well.”