Two staff members at Wisbech school test positive for Covid-19
Two staff members at Thomas Clarkson Academy have tested positive for Covid-19 this weekend, it has emerged.
The news comes as it was revealed a Year 11 student tested positive for the virus, and a ‘bubble’ of 32 students told to self-isolate at home for 14 days.
A letter to parents dated yesterday (October 18) explained the recent staff members who tested positive had not been in contact with students.
It said: “We have been made aware of two members of our staff who have tested positive for Covid-19 over the weekend.
“We know that you may find this concerning, but we are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England.”
It added: “The small number of staff who have been in close contact with the individuals who have tested positive for coronavirus (Covid-19) have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
“Due to the measures we have in place, we have not identified any students who have been in contact with the individuals.”
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
Richard Scott, principal of Thomas Clarkson Academy, said: “The school remains open and your child should continue to attend as normal if they remain well.”