Thomas Clarkson Academy launching football academy for talented young footballers
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy (TCA) is launching its own football academy, which will see students play sport and gain qualifications at the same time.
The academy, for people aged 16 to 18, will run from September. Trials for the places will be held in the coming weeks.
The new sporting enterprise will be run in partnership with Pitchside Football Academy Ltd, which will be responsible for delivering the coaching and match day preparations. Thomas Clarkson Academy will be responsible for the education package.
Students, who will become official members of the TCA Sixth Form, will train and play football on a daily basis, with their league matches scheduled for Wednesday afternoons, and also undertake an education package of A Levels and/or BTEC diploma in Sport.
TCA principal Clare Claxton said: “We are really thrilled to be working with Pitchside Football Academy Ltd to open a Football Academy at Thomas Clarkson Academy.
You may also want to watch:
“These type of academies have proved to be successful ventures and cater for young people who are keen on sport and want to pursue their passion. At the same time they can gain qualifications to enhance their career opportunities.”
Steve Walker, of Pitchside Football Academy Ltd, said: “The academy offers local talented young footballers the chance to train as a full time footballer. They will receive expert coaching from our staff and also enjoy the other opportunities on offer to TCA Sixth Form students.”
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
Those who want to join must first pass a trial. Trial dates are: Wednesday May 27 - noon till 2pm; Sunday June 1 10am - noon till 2pm; Sunday June 8 10am - noon till 2pm.
Anyone interested in taking a trial should contact Stephen Walker at email@example.com as predicted GCSE grades will be needed.