Students have their say for the I Love Wisbech project
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech students are making their voices heard with ideas on how to shape the future of the town.
Young people at Thomas Clarkson Academy have come out in force to give their views to the I ? Wisbech programme.
Academy pupils submitted their views, painting a positive, optimistic picture of their town and the people who live there.
Their views will be considered as part of a wider engagement programme for Wisbech.
The I ? Wisbech programme isn’t just for students.
Residents of all ages are encouraged to participate, either online or at various locations around the town in February and March.
More than 700 people have contributed so far. The deadline for responses is March 1.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 9 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
I ? Wisbech is a collaborative project between the county, district and town councils, local charities, a local artist and town residents. It forms part of the Wisbech 2020 Vision to regenerate the town and its surrounding area.
• Contact Russell Rolph at Support Cambridgeshire on 01480 420603 for more information.
• Get involved by going online at bit.ly/ilovewisbech.