Students have their say for the I Love Wisbech project
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech students are making their voices heard with ideas on how to shape the future of the town.
Young people at Thomas Clarkson Academy have come out in force to give their views to the I ? Wisbech programme.
Academy pupils submitted their views, painting a positive, optimistic picture of their town and the people who live there.
Their views will be considered as part of a wider engagement programme for Wisbech.
The I ? Wisbech programme isn’t just for students.
You may also want to watch:
Residents of all ages are encouraged to participate, either online or at various locations around the town in February and March.
More than 700 people have contributed so far. The deadline for responses is March 1.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
I ? Wisbech is a collaborative project between the county, district and town councils, local charities, a local artist and town residents. It forms part of the Wisbech 2020 Vision to regenerate the town and its surrounding area.
• Contact Russell Rolph at Support Cambridgeshire on 01480 420603 for more information.
• Get involved by going online at bit.ly/ilovewisbech.