Thieves take two quad bikes from Fenland gardens in linked crime
THIEVES targeted two quad bikes locked in back gardens in an overnight raid in Leverington.
Mike Marriott’s red Quadzilla 325cc road-legal quad was stolen from his house in Leverington Common shortly before midnight on Thursday August 18 after the thieves gained access to his back garden.
The thieves cut the chains securing the quad as well as a child’s grey Apache 50cc, taken from Mr Marriott’s neighbour’s garden.
Red diesel and a number of tools was also stolen from his neighbour after they broke into two steel containers.
DC Kayleigh O’Brien, said: “I would appeal to anyone who may have seen the quad bikes or saw anything suspicious in the area between 9pm and 8am on Friday to contact me.
You may also want to watch:
“As part of the investigation we are carrying out house to house enquiries and viewing CCTV.”
Despite the theft of the two vehicles police say there is not an increasing trend of quads being stolen in Fenland.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
Mr Marriott declined to comment.
CONTACT: Anyone with information should call DC O’Brien on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.