Thieves take two quad bikes from Fenland gardens in linked crime
THIEVES targeted two quad bikes locked in back gardens in an overnight raid in Leverington.
Mike Marriott’s red Quadzilla 325cc road-legal quad was stolen from his house in Leverington Common shortly before midnight on Thursday August 18 after the thieves gained access to his back garden.
The thieves cut the chains securing the quad as well as a child’s grey Apache 50cc, taken from Mr Marriott’s neighbour’s garden.
Red diesel and a number of tools was also stolen from his neighbour after they broke into two steel containers.
DC Kayleigh O’Brien, said: “I would appeal to anyone who may have seen the quad bikes or saw anything suspicious in the area between 9pm and 8am on Friday to contact me.
You may also want to watch:
“As part of the investigation we are carrying out house to house enquiries and viewing CCTV.”
Despite the theft of the two vehicles police say there is not an increasing trend of quads being stolen in Fenland.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
Mr Marriott declined to comment.
CONTACT: Anyone with information should call DC O’Brien on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.