Thieves take two quad bikes from Fenland gardens in linked crime
THIEVES targeted two quad bikes locked in back gardens in an overnight raid in Leverington.
Mike Marriott’s red Quadzilla 325cc road-legal quad was stolen from his house in Leverington Common shortly before midnight on Thursday August 18 after the thieves gained access to his back garden.
The thieves cut the chains securing the quad as well as a child’s grey Apache 50cc, taken from Mr Marriott’s neighbour’s garden.
Red diesel and a number of tools was also stolen from his neighbour after they broke into two steel containers.
DC Kayleigh O’Brien, said: “I would appeal to anyone who may have seen the quad bikes or saw anything suspicious in the area between 9pm and 8am on Friday to contact me.
“As part of the investigation we are carrying out house to house enquiries and viewing CCTV.”
Despite the theft of the two vehicles police say there is not an increasing trend of quads being stolen in Fenland.
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 8 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
Mr Marriott declined to comment.
CONTACT: Anyone with information should call DC O’Brien on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.