Thieves take two quad bikes from Fenland gardens in linked crime
THIEVES targeted two quad bikes locked in back gardens in an overnight raid in Leverington.
Mike Marriott’s red Quadzilla 325cc road-legal quad was stolen from his house in Leverington Common shortly before midnight on Thursday August 18 after the thieves gained access to his back garden.
The thieves cut the chains securing the quad as well as a child’s grey Apache 50cc, taken from Mr Marriott’s neighbour’s garden.
Red diesel and a number of tools was also stolen from his neighbour after they broke into two steel containers.
DC Kayleigh O’Brien, said: “I would appeal to anyone who may have seen the quad bikes or saw anything suspicious in the area between 9pm and 8am on Friday to contact me.
You may also want to watch:
“As part of the investigation we are carrying out house to house enquiries and viewing CCTV.”
Despite the theft of the two vehicles police say there is not an increasing trend of quads being stolen in Fenland.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
Mr Marriott declined to comment.
CONTACT: Anyone with information should call DC O’Brien on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.