Trophies stolen and club shop damaged as thieves strike yet again at Wisbech Town FC
- Credit: Archant
Thieves have once again struck at Wisbech Town Football Club, the third time in the space of a month.
Chairman Paul Brenchley discovered the damage to the cabin and club shop at the Fenmen’s Elgoods Fenland Stadium yesterday (Tuesday, April 14), where a couple of trophies were also stolen.
The club had previously been broken into when thieves had twice targeted a container on the rear pitch, but it is uncertain whether all incidents took place at the same time or how many people were involved.
Speaking on a Facebook discussion forum, Mr Brenchley said: “Another break-in at club. That is three times in a month, the container on back pitch twice and now the club shop.
“We have lost a couple of old silver cups (impossible to know value) and basically made a mess. Bit frustrating really.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have been contacted for a comment.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films