Thieves steal money and goods from McColl’s store on Hillgate, Gedney Hill
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole money and goods from a shop in Gedney Hill yesterday morning (9).
The robbery at the McColl’s store on Hillgate, happened between 5am and 5.30am.
“The offenders used force to enter the shop and steal money and goods,” said a police spokesman.
“We are appealing for any witnesses who saw anything suspicious in the area, especially anyone running from the scene.
“Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Keith Spicer, at Spalding CID, by calling 101 and quoting incident number 38 of 9th January.”
You may also want to watch:
The robbery comes less than three days after four hooded men armed with crowbars forced their way into the post office in Church Terrace, Outwell, stealing two tills and threatening a shop worker. Thirty minutes later four men wielding a crowbar and a wrench entered Premier Stores in Norwich Road, Wisbech and fled with £1,000.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault