Thieves make off with £50 of fuel from Outwell garage – reward offered to help catch them
- Credit: Supplied/Bloom and Wake Garage
Thieves took £50 of fuel from a small Fenland garage over the weekend, sparking a social media campaign to catch the suspects.
One young man and two friends made off with the stolen fuel from Bloom and Wake Garage in Outwell in their light blue car on Sunday, January 19.
The small business is now offering a £50 reward to anyone who can help get the suspects convicted and have launched an online appeal.
In a post online, a spokesman said: "This lovely young gentleman and two friends have just made off with £50 worth of fuel in a light blue car.
"If you know who it is please help us out. We are a small business and can't afford to lose fuel like this.
You may also want to watch:
"We would rather give what we have lost as a reward for information leading to a conviction."
According to social media, the same group of boys have allegedly been using counterfeit £50 notes across the county in several businesses.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
One resident said: "Pretty sure these guys were in Emneth earlier in the week and brought fake notes into Ace Games and the Post Office."
Another said: "[My] husband was behind the bloke in these pics in Costcutter on Friday.
"They had a roll of £50s, but they didn't try to use them, they tried to pay with a bank card, but the young lady at the till refused him, then they paid with small notes."
Another added: "These two were in Uptown Fun in Upwell on Friday. One Irish one English. Tried to pass on a fake £50 to Gary but left with no bother."