Thieves enter house with owner’s keys
THIEVES are thought to have returned to a house several times after finding keys on their first visit. On their second visit they made off with a green china dinner service with gravy boat and tureens, a set of lead crystal wine glasses, a set of silver p
THIEVES are thought to have returned to a house several times after finding keys on their first visit.
On their second visit they made off with a green china dinner service with gravy boat and tureens, a set of lead crystal wine glasses, a set of silver plated egg cups and some loose change. They even made off with some medicines.
The break-ins occurred between January 2 and 4 at a house in Princess Street, Sutton Bridge.
"Offenders tried to force entry to the rear door of the premises," said a police spokesman. "This proved to be unsuccessful. However, a hole was then made in the wooden frame and fortunately for the offenders they found the keys hanging in the lock.
"It is then believed that the offenders have returned to the premises on several different occasions and have entered the house using the keys and stolen property."
Police want to hear from anyone who can recall suspicious activity such as movement or lights in the property since January 2.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
They also want to hear from any second hand stores who may be approached to buy these items.
CONTACT: Lincolnshire Police on 01522 532222 quoting crime number BD/07/96. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.