Councillors see for themselves the horrendous state of one Fenland road with the nightmare number of potholes confronting motorists
- Credit: Archant
Two Wisbech councillors out visiting a constituent today decided to detour on the way back to see for themselves the state of a Fenland road.
If they aren't already regretting it, they might be once they inspect their car.
For Lib Dem councillors Gavin Booth and Sarah Bligh witnessed for themselves the problems on one of the many roads across Fenland experiencing winter damage.
"So we were out today visiting a resident and on the way home we decided to go down Folley's Drove," said Sarah, a Wisbech St Mary and Parson Drove councillor.
"All these photos are individual potholes, no duplicates! I am now sending these photos over to the highways department at the county council and requesting they come out and assess the road for resurfacing.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Bligh added: "We were all over the place trying to avoid them - poor Gavin's car.
EDITOR'S FOOTNOTE: Send us your photos to see how they compare with Folley's Drove. We think they might be hard to beat but let us know.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan