Theatre director from Wisbech who is running four marathons in eight months has already raised £4,000
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man who is running four marathons in eight months has raised more than £4,000 for charity.
Danny Whitby is taking on the challenge in aid of Prevent Breast Cancer in memory of his friend Morag Siller, who died earlier this year aged 46.
Having completed his first marathon in Oslo, a route winding over 26 miles around the capital, Danny is now gearing up for his second.
Danny, who is the associate musical director of Disney’s Aladdin - which is currently playing the West End at the Prince Edwards Theatre - hopes to raise £10,000 for the charity.
“I lost my dear friend, Morag, in April 2016. Whenever we spoke, she would tell me how proud she was of me for sticking with running,” he said.
“So it seems apt that I lace up my trainers to do something in memory of, and to celebrate, Morag’s wonderful 46 years with us.
“Prevent Breast Cancer, which Morag was a patron of, is the only UK charity that is dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer.
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 7 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
“In memory of my beautiful friend and to raise money for the charity, I’ll be running four marathons in eight months: Oslo, Norway (17/09/16), Pisa, Italy (18/12/16), London, England (23/04/17) and Edinburgh, Scotland (27/05/17).
“Anything you can give will be so appreciated by me and this great charity.”
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Danny_Whitby or to follow Danny’s journey go to https://twitter.com/danny_whitby
For more information visit https://preventbreastcancer.org.uk/about-us/