Theatre director from Wisbech who is running four marathons in eight months has already raised £4,000
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man who is running four marathons in eight months has raised more than £4,000 for charity.
Danny Whitby is taking on the challenge in aid of Prevent Breast Cancer in memory of his friend Morag Siller, who died earlier this year aged 46.
Having completed his first marathon in Oslo, a route winding over 26 miles around the capital, Danny is now gearing up for his second.
Danny, who is the associate musical director of Disney’s Aladdin - which is currently playing the West End at the Prince Edwards Theatre - hopes to raise £10,000 for the charity.
“I lost my dear friend, Morag, in April 2016. Whenever we spoke, she would tell me how proud she was of me for sticking with running,” he said.
“So it seems apt that I lace up my trainers to do something in memory of, and to celebrate, Morag’s wonderful 46 years with us.
“Prevent Breast Cancer, which Morag was a patron of, is the only UK charity that is dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer.
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 6 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 10 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
“In memory of my beautiful friend and to raise money for the charity, I’ll be running four marathons in eight months: Oslo, Norway (17/09/16), Pisa, Italy (18/12/16), London, England (23/04/17) and Edinburgh, Scotland (27/05/17).
“Anything you can give will be so appreciated by me and this great charity.”
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Danny_Whitby or to follow Danny’s journey go to https://twitter.com/danny_whitby
For more information visit https://preventbreastcancer.org.uk/about-us/