The Wisbech campus of the College of West Anglia will be closed again tomorrow
THE Isle Campus of the College of West Anglia will be closed again tomorrow education bosses have announced. The campus has been closed since Tuesday following a problem with the heating. A total of 900 students have missed classes as a result. A spokesm
THE Isle Campus of the College of West Anglia will be closed again tomorrow education bosses have announced.
The campus has been closed since Tuesday following a problem with the heating.
A total of 900 students have missed classes as a result.
A spokesman said that the process the process of restoring heat is "well under way" but some further work is needed tomorrow to ensure coverage of all buildings.
You may also want to watch:
The delay had come because the college had been waiting for new parts for the heaters.
The delivery of the parts had been delayed and hampered by the weather.
- 1 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
- 7 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 8 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 9 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 10 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
Academic staff have been making preparations for students who have missed classes, in order for them to catch up.
The spokesman added: "There are two boilers at Isle Campus which failed at the beginning of the week.
"These work in tandem to heat a large part of the buildings and, in the interests of health and safety, the college took the decision to close the campus to students until we can guarantee a normal supply of heating across the campus.
"We have been waiting on a part for one of the boilers, which has now arrived and been fitted.
"This boiler is now working again. The second boiler (larger of the two) is being worked on by an engineer but as yet is not back in commission.
"Academic staff will be making arrangements to ensure that students will be able to catch up with their course work as soon as possible once they are back at college.