The tricks of the quilting trade
ONE of the country s top experts on quilting, who has been making quilts for 30 years, showed enthusiasts in Wisbech some of the tricks of her trade. International quilt designer, teacher, author and lecturer Dawn Cameron-Dick was guest of Freedom Quilter
ONE of the country's top experts on quilting, who has been making quilts for 30 years, showed enthusiasts in Wisbech some of the tricks of her trade.
International quilt designer, teacher, author and lecturer Dawn Cameron-Dick was guest of Freedom Quilters, Wisbech, at their monthly meeting on Wednesday.
Her talk, entitled, "One Woman Quilt Show," delighted her audience which consisted of regular members and a number of visitors.
Diana Bailey, the groups publicity officer, said: "Unfolding quilt after quilt and giving a short history of each.
You may also want to watch:
"Her charm and wit soon endeared her to her audience. She also introduced members to her unique appliqué method, the effectiveness of which was well illustrated in many of her quilts, which were truly spectacular."
Dawn Cameron-Dick is a self-taught quilter and has been a quilting teacher and lecturer for the past 18 years and was voted Runner-up UK Teacher of the Year in 1999.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
* Freedom Quilters meet usually on the fourth Wednesday of each month at Wisbech Baptist Church, Hill Street, Wisbech from 2 - 4 p.m..
Visitors and new members are always welcome. Contact: Diana Bailey 01945 475392