The Premiers reunite in Wisbech
SIXTIES rock group The Premiers of Peterborough held a band reunion in Wisbech in aid of an Essex-based charity SADS UK (Sudden Adult Death Syndrome). The charity evening was held at the home of Ian and Evelyn Duffy in Wisbech in memory of their youngest
SIXTIES rock group The Premiers of Peterborough held a band reunion in Wisbech in aid of an Essex-based charity SADS UK (Sudden Adult Death Syndrome).
The charity evening was held at the home of Ian and Evelyn Duffy in Wisbech in memory of their youngest daughter, Suzanne.
Suzanne died last year aged just 32 from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome, leaving a nine-year-old son.
The event has coincided with the start of national Arrythmia Awareness Week this week - a campaign to draw attention of the public and healthcare professionals to cardiac arrythmias which are the number one killer in the UK.
Also appearing on stage was Essex-based band Copperface Jack with drummer, Steve Duffy, Ian and Evelyn's eldest son.
More than 150 family and friends packed the garden of their home and raised a staggering £1,500 in memory of Suzanne.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
Fundraisers took part in a raffle with many donated prizes, as well as an auction for a Team GB t-shirt, signed by Sir Steve Redgrave and a commissioned pet portrait.
There were also pony rides, organised by Ian and Evelyn's granddaughter, Sarah, who, along with her brother Liam and cousin, Michelle, gave an excellent rendition of We Will Rock You by Queen.