Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- Credit: Archant
A family run tea room in Wisbech that has been trading for 10 years shut its doors for the final time earlier this month (January 17).
The Orchard Tea Room and farm shop owned by the Day family in Redmoor Lane started out by offering people somewhere different to enjoy a relaxing cup of tea or coffee.
As the business grew, visitors enjoyed a selection of food and sandwiches in the tea room as well as picking from a variety of seasonal, locally grown produce from the farm shop.
The family announced the closure of The Orchard on its Facebook page.
It said: “This will sadly be the last weekend that The Orchard Tea Room, still known to many of you as Jim’s Place, will be open.
“When we close the door on Monday afternoon, it will be for the final time. The tea room will then be closed.”
Those who have visited and have fond memories of the tea room gave their thanks to the family.
- 1 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 2 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 3 Pictures show major lorry blaze on A16 near Cambridgeshire
- 4 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
- 5 Councillors reject plan to convert hotel block into housing
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 ‘It’s virtually impossible to register with an NHS dentist’ - people struggling to pay for dental care
- 9 E-scooter crackdown sees crimes drop by third across county
- 10 Roads minister and North East Cambs MP open £17m Guyhirn roundabout
“The very sad end of a wonderful era,” said one.
Another added: “This was such a lovely little special place.”