The fuschia’s bright: John’s plants win Best in Show
JOHN Brown’s fuschias won Best in Show at the Wisbech and District Fuschia and Pelargonium Society’s annual display and competition.
The group usually organises two shows per year for fuschias and pelargoniums but had to combine the two this time around because of the Jubilee celebrations.
However organiser Jill Brown, who is on the show’s committee, said that made the 2012 event more popular than ever as there was more see, including colourful displays and sales of plants as well as a tombola and refreshments.
“There was a great atmosphere and the judges were very flattering about the fuschias and pelargoniums there,” she said.
John Green also won first prize for his pelargonium.
You may also want to watch:
She added that about 100 people turned out for the event on Saturday (July 21) between noon and 5pm at Emneth Central Hall but that the society’s committee was keen to encourage more young people to take part in future.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide