The fuschia’s bright: John’s plants win Best in Show
JOHN Brown’s fuschias won Best in Show at the Wisbech and District Fuschia and Pelargonium Society’s annual display and competition.
The group usually organises two shows per year for fuschias and pelargoniums but had to combine the two this time around because of the Jubilee celebrations.
However organiser Jill Brown, who is on the show’s committee, said that made the 2012 event more popular than ever as there was more see, including colourful displays and sales of plants as well as a tombola and refreshments.
“There was a great atmosphere and the judges were very flattering about the fuschias and pelargoniums there,” she said.
John Green also won first prize for his pelargonium.
You may also want to watch:
She added that about 100 people turned out for the event on Saturday (July 21) between noon and 5pm at Emneth Central Hall but that the society’s committee was keen to encourage more young people to take part in future.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed