The fuschia’s bright: John’s plants win Best in Show
JOHN Brown’s fuschias won Best in Show at the Wisbech and District Fuschia and Pelargonium Society’s annual display and competition.
The group usually organises two shows per year for fuschias and pelargoniums but had to combine the two this time around because of the Jubilee celebrations.
However organiser Jill Brown, who is on the show’s committee, said that made the 2012 event more popular than ever as there was more see, including colourful displays and sales of plants as well as a tombola and refreshments.
“There was a great atmosphere and the judges were very flattering about the fuschias and pelargoniums there,” she said.
John Green also won first prize for his pelargonium.
You may also want to watch:
She added that about 100 people turned out for the event on Saturday (July 21) between noon and 5pm at Emneth Central Hall but that the society’s committee was keen to encourage more young people to take part in future.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 9 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder