The Elm Tree Inn wins two awards, while Elme Hall Hotel in Wisbech also picks up Trip Advisor award
- Credit: Archant
A family-run inn is a big hit with customers ... and it has the awards to prove it.
The Elm Tree Inn has won an excellence award from Booking.com for having averaged a 8.8 out of 10 rating from customers.
To go along with this, they have just received the 2015 Trip Advisor excellence award.
Customers are glowing in their praise. One commented: “Absolutely love this little hidden gem in the heart of Cambridgeshire. Outstanding public house with a small, yet refined menu, which encompasses the majority of pallets. “Thoroughly enjoyed our evening, our waiter was most attentive and our food was faultless, We will definitely be visiting this establishment again in the near future.”
Owner Neil Misquitta, who took over in March 2014, says the success of the inn, which employs 10 people, is its “attention to detail”.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Attention to detail - that’s what matters in this industry.
“Every day we wake up and try to do our absolute best. I think it shows in the comments we are getting online from customers who stay with us.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
The Elm Tree Inn is not the only establishment celebrating an award - Elme Hall Hotel in Wisbech has also received Tripadvisor’s 2015 Certificate of Excellence.
The Elme Hall Hotel is a family owned business founded by Kevin and Cindy Wood which this year celebrates 16 years.
To cater for the increase in weddings and conferences, a 500 capacity gallery ballroom was added in 2004, with the addition of the 36 bedroom lodge in 2010.
Events manager Sarah Richardson said: “the staff and management have been thrilled with this important prestigious award which reflects excellence in the Hotel’s restaurants.
“Our accent has always been on using the best locally grown and reared ingredients to prepare our traditional dishes at realistic prices.”
The Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015, following on from wins in 2014 and 2013.
The certificate is awarded to the top 10 per cent of businesses worldwide.
The hotel has also received the Booking.com Award of Excellence and Laterooms.com Simply the Guest 2015 Top Rated.