The Case opens it's doors
Story by ADAM LAZZARI A NEW pub which has been named by a Wisbech Standard competition winner was formally opened on Wednesday. The Case, in the converted premises of the former Horse Fair Clinic, opened at 5pm to a gathering of specially invited guests a
Story by ADAM LAZZARI
A NEW pub which has been named by a Wisbech Standard competition winner was formally opened on Wednesday.
The Case, in the converted premises of the former Horse Fair Clinic, opened at 5pm to a gathering of specially invited guests and threw open its doors to the public two hours later.
Michael Neale, 64, from Wisbech, named the pub after The Case is Altered, a pub that was situated near the site many years ago.
He once delivered beer to the old pub when he worked for Elgood's Brewery.
At the opening he said: "My wife enters loads of competitions and she told me about this one when she read it in the paper. The name came to me straight away. I didn't even have to think about it because we always just called the old pub The Case.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
As competition winner, Mr Neale enjoyed a free meal for four with his wife and two friends, a bottle of champagne and free drinks all night.
Three runners up received a meal for two and free drinks all night.
The Case is an £800,000 investment by the Barracuda Group and will bring about 20 full and part-time jobs.
Manager Wendy Hayward said: "It's a fantastic spacious pub with a very modern design. I'm delighted to open it up after all the hard work has been put in.