The Case opens it's doors
Story by ADAM LAZZARI A NEW pub which has been named by a Wisbech Standard competition winner was formally opened on Wednesday. The Case, in the converted premises of the former Horse Fair Clinic, opened at 5pm to a gathering of specially invited guests a
Story by ADAM LAZZARI
A NEW pub which has been named by a Wisbech Standard competition winner was formally opened on Wednesday.
The Case, in the converted premises of the former Horse Fair Clinic, opened at 5pm to a gathering of specially invited guests and threw open its doors to the public two hours later.
Michael Neale, 64, from Wisbech, named the pub after The Case is Altered, a pub that was situated near the site many years ago.
You may also want to watch:
He once delivered beer to the old pub when he worked for Elgood's Brewery.
At the opening he said: "My wife enters loads of competitions and she told me about this one when she read it in the paper. The name came to me straight away. I didn't even have to think about it because we always just called the old pub The Case.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
As competition winner, Mr Neale enjoyed a free meal for four with his wife and two friends, a bottle of champagne and free drinks all night.
Three runners up received a meal for two and free drinks all night.
The Case is an £800,000 investment by the Barracuda Group and will bring about 20 full and part-time jobs.
Manager Wendy Hayward said: "It's a fantastic spacious pub with a very modern design. I'm delighted to open it up after all the hard work has been put in.