TERRINGTON: 17-year-old died following road collision
A 17-year-old youth has died following a road traffic collision in the county. The incident took place on Sutton Road in Terrington St Clement at around 7.15pm yesterday. A blue Volkswagen Golf was travelling along the road towards Terrington St Clement w
A 17-year-old youth has died following a road traffic collision in the county.
The incident took place on Sutton Road in Terrington St Clement at around 7.15pm yesterday.
A blue Volkswagen Golf was travelling along the road towards Terrington St Clement when, for reasons unknown, it was involved in a head-on collision with a Ford Transit Connect van travelling in the opposite direction.
The male driver of the Golf, from the King's Lynn area, died as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The collision took place close to the junction with Market Lane.
Police said that no further information relating to the deceased will be released until next of kin have been informed and formal identification has been carried out.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
The driver of the van, a 72-year-old man from the King's Lynn area, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious injuries.
A male passenger in the Golf was also taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the collision or who may have seen either vehicle prior to the incident.
Contact PC Steve Crowley at Norfolk Constabulary's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567