Terrence Higgins Trust hoping to combat HIV in Cambridgeshire with free tests
- Credit: Archant
Free confidential HIV tests are being offered in Wisbech as part of National HIV Testing Week.
Terrence Higgins Trust, in partnership with iCaSH Cambridgeshire (run by Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust), is encouraging people in Cambridgeshire to stop by for a fast, free and confidential test.
Tests can be taken at the Parkside Clinic from 2-7pm on Wednesday November 23 and Wednesday November 30.
Huw Williams, health promotion officer at Terrence Higgins Trust in Cambridgeshire, said: “We’re providing more opportunities for local people here in Cambridge to test this National HIV Testing Week.
“We’re working in partnership with local organisations to extend clinic opening times and encouraging anyone who might be at risk to come and get a free, confidential HIV test.
You may also want to watch:
“Today, if you test positive, effective treatment means you can live as long as anyone else, and when the amount of the virus in your blood is reduced to undetectable levels, this means you cannot pass on HIV. Testing puts you in control and is nothing to be feared.”
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 9 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs