Terrence Higgins Trust hoping to combat HIV in Cambridgeshire with free tests
- Credit: Archant
Free confidential HIV tests are being offered in Wisbech as part of National HIV Testing Week.
Terrence Higgins Trust, in partnership with iCaSH Cambridgeshire (run by Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust), is encouraging people in Cambridgeshire to stop by for a fast, free and confidential test.
Tests can be taken at the Parkside Clinic from 2-7pm on Wednesday November 23 and Wednesday November 30.
Huw Williams, health promotion officer at Terrence Higgins Trust in Cambridgeshire, said: “We’re providing more opportunities for local people here in Cambridge to test this National HIV Testing Week.
“We’re working in partnership with local organisations to extend clinic opening times and encouraging anyone who might be at risk to come and get a free, confidential HIV test.
You may also want to watch:
“Today, if you test positive, effective treatment means you can live as long as anyone else, and when the amount of the virus in your blood is reduced to undetectable levels, this means you cannot pass on HIV. Testing puts you in control and is nothing to be feared.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease