Teenagers taken home by police officers are being found ‘acting suspicious’ despite UK lockdown
- Credit: Archant
A group of teenagers were taken home by police officers after they were found acting suspiciously in Cambridgeshire despite a UK lockdown.
Three teens were spotted “acting in a suspicious manner” at around 11pm on Tuesday, March 24 in King Street, Wisbech.
After spotting police officers, the group attempted to run away. Officers managed to catch up with two of them and detained them both.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Do you know where your teenage son is?
“At 23:11 hours, three males were seen acting in a suspicious manner in King Street, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“On seeing police, all three males ran, after a short foot chase and a game of hide and seek (which we won).
“Two males were stopped and detained. Both males were searched under section 1 of PACE.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 6 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 7 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 8 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
“The teenage males informed us they had left their address and their parents did not know where they were. Both males were taken home.
“Parents, do you know where your children are? Please remember one thing #StayAtHome this is being done to protect the NHS and saves lives.”
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Have you been affected by the wide-spread COVID-19 outbreak? Tell us your story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org