Teenagers face magistrates after subjecting PCSO's daughter to a tirade of abuse
TWO teenagers subjected the daughter of a police community support officer to a tirade of abuse whenever they saw her. The woman was called a variety of names, including copper slut, Fenland magistrates were told. Eighteen-year-old Daniel Robertson, of
TWO teenagers subjected the daughter of a police community support officer to a tirade of abuse whenever they saw her.
The woman was called a variety of names, including "copper slut," Fenland magistrates were told.
Eighteen-year-old Daniel Robertson, of High Street, Chatteris, and a 17-year-old both admitted harassing their victim between July 31 and November 16 last year.
The victim - who had just had a baby - was so upset by the name calling that she was frightened to leave her home, said prosecutor Scheherazade Haque.
You may also want to watch:
"Whenever they were out in public and saw her, they directed verbal abuse at her," added Miss Haque. "She believes it was because her mother is a PCSO in the Peterborough area."
Mitigating, Frank Squires said: "Both clearly recognise this was unpleasant behaviour and have apologised in person and by letter."
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
Robertson is due to be sentenced by Huntingdon magistrates on April 21; and his co-defendant will be dealt with at Fenland Youth Court.