Teenagers assaulted in separate incidents outside Wisbech shop and behind Rose and Crown Hotel
A BOY was assaulted outside a Wisbech convenience store and a teenager was seriously injured in a fight behind the town’s Rose and Crown Hotel.
A 13-year-old boy bumped into two teenagers in Londis, in Tinker’s Drove, at 7pm last Wednesday. The teenagers followed the boy outside and punched him in the face.
The offenders are described as white, aged 14-15. The first was about 5ft 7in, slim, wearing a grey and pink hooded top. The second had black hair and was wearing a grey tracksuit.
Det Con Nigel Coppin said: “This was a nasty attack on a young child.
“It is believed there was a group of young people outside the shop who may have witnessed the assault. I would appeal to them to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
In the second incident, a 19-year-man suffered a serious injury during a fight at a disco. The fight broke out at about 2am on Saturday at the venue behind the Rose and Crown in Market Place.
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the fight and has been bailed until February 21.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
Pc Kurt Allen said: “I would like to speak to anyone who was at the venue and saw what happened.”
CONTACT: Police on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.