Teenager told he's too young to buy wine gums is VIP at 99p Stores launch tomorrow
THE teenager who was told he was too young to buy wine gums from the 99p Store in Wisbech is the company s VIP at its latest store launch. Jaz Bhogal, 15, of Leverington, will cut the ribbon at the company s new Huntingdon store tomorrow (Tuesday). Last w
THE teenager who was told he was too young to buy wine gums from the 99p Store in Wisbech is the company's VIP at its latest store launch.
Jaz Bhogal, 15, of Leverington, will cut the ribbon at the company's new Huntingdon store tomorrow (Tuesday).
Last week Jaz made national headlines after we exclusively revealed he was told he needed ID to buy a packet of wine gums from the company's Wisbech store.
Graham Barnes, 99p Store spokesman, said: "We are absolutely delighted that Jaz will be a VIP for the day - that's a Very Important Pennysaver.
You may also want to watch:
"We look forward to seeing him at the Huntingdon launch where he will cut the ribbon."
Jaz will cut the ribbon alongside Mandy Mullane, who won a competition to cut the ribbon and take part in a 99-second trolley dash.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
Mandy, from Little Stukeley near Huntingdon, won the competition after coming up with two nine-word slogans. The competition was the same held in Wisbech earlier this year before the store opened.
Mr Barnes said: "When we asked her (Mandy) if Jaz could cut the ribbon with her she said it was fine. She had heard about the story on television."
Jaz has also been given his nine-voucher to spend - on condition that one of the items is a packet of wine gums.
Mr Barnes said: "I'm sure he'll spend it wisely.