Teenager is ready to cast a spell across Fenland as a Harry Potter lookalike
WITH his spell-binding magic tricks and uncanny looks, Thomas Price is aiming for the top as a Harry Potter lookalike. For years, people walking past him in Fenland s streets have said he looks like the fictional wizard. The 14-year-old from Wimblington h
Story by: TOM JACKSON
WITH his spell-binding magic tricks and uncanny looks, Thomas Price is aiming for the top as a Harry Potter lookalike.
For years, people walking past him in Fenland's streets have said he looks like the fictional wizard.
The 14-year-old from Wimblington has now taken it one step further and has learned a number of magic tricks and is looking to perform at parties and holiday clubs.
You may also want to watch:
One day he also hopes to act, as well as meet the actor Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry in the blockbuster movies.
Thomas' mum Christine said: "He's the local Harry at the moment. For a couple of years people have told us he looks like Harry and we thought we must do something about it."
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
Thomas has already been in contact with a casting agency, but cannot get signed up until he turns 16 next year.
In the meantime, he has taught himself a host of magic tricks and bought the outfit - including a pair of round glasses - to perform to avid fans of the JK Rowling series.
Mrs Price said: "He has acting lessons with a friend of mine and seems to be a natural.
"He's worked really hard to get this far. I know there are a lot of lookalikes around, but people say he is very similar to Daniel Radcliffe."
Thomas has seen the films, but as of yet he has not read all the books in the series.
He said: "I'm hoping I can make the most of it and start acting and doing children's parties.
"But I really hope I can meet Daniel Radcliffe.