Teenager is ready to cast a spell across Fenland as a Harry Potter lookalike
WITH his spell-binding magic tricks and uncanny looks, Thomas Price is aiming for the top as a Harry Potter lookalike. For years, people walking past him in Fenland s streets have said he looks like the fictional wizard. The 14-year-old from Wimblington h
Story by: TOM JACKSON
WITH his spell-binding magic tricks and uncanny looks, Thomas Price is aiming for the top as a Harry Potter lookalike.
For years, people walking past him in Fenland's streets have said he looks like the fictional wizard.
The 14-year-old from Wimblington has now taken it one step further and has learned a number of magic tricks and is looking to perform at parties and holiday clubs.
One day he also hopes to act, as well as meet the actor Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry in the blockbuster movies.
Thomas' mum Christine said: "He's the local Harry at the moment. For a couple of years people have told us he looks like Harry and we thought we must do something about it."
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Thomas has already been in contact with a casting agency, but cannot get signed up until he turns 16 next year.
In the meantime, he has taught himself a host of magic tricks and bought the outfit - including a pair of round glasses - to perform to avid fans of the JK Rowling series.
Mrs Price said: "He has acting lessons with a friend of mine and seems to be a natural.
"He's worked really hard to get this far. I know there are a lot of lookalikes around, but people say he is very similar to Daniel Radcliffe."
Thomas has seen the films, but as of yet he has not read all the books in the series.
He said: "I'm hoping I can make the most of it and start acting and doing children's parties.
"But I really hope I can meet Daniel Radcliffe.