Teenager injured in Wisbech after being hit by car whose driver failed to stop
A TEENAGER was injured when he was hit by a car in Wisbech, in an incident where the driver failed to stop.
The 17 year-old victim was left with cuts and bruises after a car hit him from behind as he walked home along North Brink at about 6:30pm on Thursday.
He was walking towards traffic heading out of Wisbech, carrying a rucksack with reflective markings, when he was struck by a car that failed to stop at the scene.
PC Leanne Cracknell said: “The victim and his family have been left very distressed by this incident.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to contact us to help trace the vehicle involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Cracknell on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in