Teenager injured in Wisbech after being hit by car whose driver failed to stop
A TEENAGER was injured when he was hit by a car in Wisbech, in an incident where the driver failed to stop.
The 17 year-old victim was left with cuts and bruises after a car hit him from behind as he walked home along North Brink at about 6:30pm on Thursday.
He was walking towards traffic heading out of Wisbech, carrying a rucksack with reflective markings, when he was struck by a car that failed to stop at the scene.
PC Leanne Cracknell said: “The victim and his family have been left very distressed by this incident.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to contact us to help trace the vehicle involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Cracknell on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease