Teenager fighting brain tumour is given a very special gift by Make a Wish Foundation
A TEENAGER fighting a brain tumour is thanking his lucky stars for a special gift. Astrology enthusiast Kenton Green, from Chatteris, was given a state-of-the-art telescope by the Make a Wish Foundation. The 14 year old now spends the night gazing into th
A TEENAGER fighting a brain tumour is thanking his lucky stars for a special gift.
Astrology enthusiast Kenton Green, from Chatteris, was given a state-of-the-art telescope by the Make a Wish Foundation.
The 14 year old now spends the night gazing into the night sky to locate a star which was made his own as part of a Christmas present.
Jean Chalk, Kenton's mum, said: "He really deserves this special treat. It's so good for him to have something nice after everything he has been through."
You may also want to watch:
Make a Wish gives gifts to children and young people who battle life threatening illnesses.
Kenton has been in hospital for treatment of a brain tumour, but his friend Nathan Robinson gave him the chance to name his own star as a Christmas present.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
However, Kenton could not see his star in the sky because he didn't have the right equipment - and he asked Make a Wish for a telescope.
That all changed when a limousine came to Kenton's home and took him, mum Jean and brother Adam to choose a telescope.
After numerous demonstrations and much deliberation Kenton chose his telescope and was shown how to get the best out of his new present so he will be able to locate his star once it gets dark.