Teenager fighting brain tumour is given a very special gift by Make a Wish Foundation
A TEENAGER fighting a brain tumour is thanking his lucky stars for a special gift. Astrology enthusiast Kenton Green, from Chatteris, was given a state-of-the-art telescope by the Make a Wish Foundation. The 14 year old now spends the night gazing into th
A TEENAGER fighting a brain tumour is thanking his lucky stars for a special gift.
Astrology enthusiast Kenton Green, from Chatteris, was given a state-of-the-art telescope by the Make a Wish Foundation.
The 14 year old now spends the night gazing into the night sky to locate a star which was made his own as part of a Christmas present.
Jean Chalk, Kenton's mum, said: "He really deserves this special treat. It's so good for him to have something nice after everything he has been through."
You may also want to watch:
Make a Wish gives gifts to children and young people who battle life threatening illnesses.
Kenton has been in hospital for treatment of a brain tumour, but his friend Nathan Robinson gave him the chance to name his own star as a Christmas present.
- 1 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
However, Kenton could not see his star in the sky because he didn't have the right equipment - and he asked Make a Wish for a telescope.
That all changed when a limousine came to Kenton's home and took him, mum Jean and brother Adam to choose a telescope.
After numerous demonstrations and much deliberation Kenton chose his telescope and was shown how to get the best out of his new present so he will be able to locate his star once it gets dark.