Teenager fighting brain tumour is given a very special gift by Make a Wish Foundation
A TEENAGER fighting a brain tumour is thanking his lucky stars for a special gift. Astrology enthusiast Kenton Green, from Chatteris, was given a state-of-the-art telescope by the Make a Wish Foundation. The 14 year old now spends the night gazing into th
A TEENAGER fighting a brain tumour is thanking his lucky stars for a special gift.
Astrology enthusiast Kenton Green, from Chatteris, was given a state-of-the-art telescope by the Make a Wish Foundation.
The 14 year old now spends the night gazing into the night sky to locate a star which was made his own as part of a Christmas present.
Jean Chalk, Kenton's mum, said: "He really deserves this special treat. It's so good for him to have something nice after everything he has been through."
Make a Wish gives gifts to children and young people who battle life threatening illnesses.
Kenton has been in hospital for treatment of a brain tumour, but his friend Nathan Robinson gave him the chance to name his own star as a Christmas present.
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 3 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 4 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 5 ‘We should be offered compensation’ - Campaigner's plea to Steve Barclay
- 6 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 7 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 8 ‘Strange looking candy floss...’ seized during police patrol
- 9 Cops catch out suspected drug driver who faked identity
- 10 Upcoming conference for flood groups aims to ‘combat flooding’
However, Kenton could not see his star in the sky because he didn't have the right equipment - and he asked Make a Wish for a telescope.
That all changed when a limousine came to Kenton's home and took him, mum Jean and brother Adam to choose a telescope.
After numerous demonstrations and much deliberation Kenton chose his telescope and was shown how to get the best out of his new present so he will be able to locate his star once it gets dark.