Teenager fighting brain tumour is given a very special gift by Make a Wish Foundation
A TEENAGER fighting a brain tumour is thanking his lucky stars for a special gift. Astrology enthusiast Kenton Green, from Chatteris, was given a state-of-the-art telescope by the Make a Wish Foundation. The 14 year old now spends the night gazing into th
A TEENAGER fighting a brain tumour is thanking his lucky stars for a special gift.
Astrology enthusiast Kenton Green, from Chatteris, was given a state-of-the-art telescope by the Make a Wish Foundation.
The 14 year old now spends the night gazing into the night sky to locate a star which was made his own as part of a Christmas present.
Jean Chalk, Kenton's mum, said: "He really deserves this special treat. It's so good for him to have something nice after everything he has been through."
You may also want to watch:
Make a Wish gives gifts to children and young people who battle life threatening illnesses.
Kenton has been in hospital for treatment of a brain tumour, but his friend Nathan Robinson gave him the chance to name his own star as a Christmas present.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
However, Kenton could not see his star in the sky because he didn't have the right equipment - and he asked Make a Wish for a telescope.
That all changed when a limousine came to Kenton's home and took him, mum Jean and brother Adam to choose a telescope.
After numerous demonstrations and much deliberation Kenton chose his telescope and was shown how to get the best out of his new present so he will be able to locate his star once it gets dark.