Teen cyclist hospitalised with serious injuries after collision with van
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old cyclist has suffered serious injuries and remains in Addenbrooke’s Hospital following a major collision with a van.
The teenager was involved in a collision with a grey Ford Tourneo van at around 4pm on the A1101, Churchill Road in Wisbech on Wednesday (March 17).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We are appealing for information following a serious collision involving a cyclist and a van in Wisbech.
“The collision involving a grey Ford Tourneo and cyclist happened at about 4pm on the A1101, Churchill Road.
“The cyclist, a 15-year-old boy from Wisbech, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver of the Ford, a woman in her 50s, was uninjured and remained at the scene.”
Anyone who saw the collision or either vehicle in the lead up to it, or has dash cam footage, is urged to contact police via web chat or by calling 101, quoting incident number 320 of March 17.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 9 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 10 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech