Young boy, aged 16, is third arrested following series of burglaries in Wisbech last month
- Credit: Archant
A young teen has been arrested following a series of burglaries in Wisbech last month – making them the third arrested this week.
The 16-year-old boy was arrested by police officers from the Wisbech Neighbourhood Policing Team last night (July 25).
The news comes after a 14-year-old boy was also arrested for the same string of crimes in the town in June.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "A third arrest has been made in connection with a number of burglaries in Wisbech last month.
"The 16-year-old boy was arrested by officers from the Wisbech Neighbourhood Policing Team last night (Thursday, July 25).
You may also want to watch:
"He was taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King's Lynn and has since been released under investigation while officers continue with their inquiries."
The 14-year-old was also arrested by the same team during the early hours of Wednesday, July 24.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 10 Illegal anglers spotted across Cambs during close season clampdown