Young boy, aged 16, is third arrested following series of burglaries in Wisbech last month
- Credit: Archant
A young teen has been arrested following a series of burglaries in Wisbech last month – making them the third arrested this week.
The 16-year-old boy was arrested by police officers from the Wisbech Neighbourhood Policing Team last night (July 25).
The news comes after a 14-year-old boy was also arrested for the same string of crimes in the town in June.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "A third arrest has been made in connection with a number of burglaries in Wisbech last month.
"The 16-year-old boy was arrested by officers from the Wisbech Neighbourhood Policing Team last night (Thursday, July 25).
You may also want to watch:
"He was taken to the Police Investigation Centre in King's Lynn and has since been released under investigation while officers continue with their inquiries."
The 14-year-old was also arrested by the same team during the early hours of Wednesday, July 24.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide