Abigail the Norfolk ‘rollballer’ set to play for England at the Indian world cup
- Credit: Abigail Boxall
A Norfolk woman is set to compete for England in the fifth annual Rollball World Cup, this time held in Delhi, India.
Abigail Boxall from Terrington St Clements will jet off to India in November this year to play in the fast-paced sport which is similar to basketball.
The 22-year-old, who works in Wisbech, played the same competition in Bangladesh last year when she and her fellow teammates finished in fifth place.
Ms Boxall said: “I train everyday for the sport and this will be the second world cup. I have high hopes of finishing in the top three.”
The sport of rollball was created 16 years ago by Raju Dabhade in India. The sport is similar to basket ball and handball but is played on quad or inline roller-skates.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Boxall trains each day in her home town whilst balancing her full time job and serving as a reservist in the army.
Last year, the Rollball World Cup saw 40 countries take part with more than 700 players representing their respective countries battling for top spot.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000