Teaching and learning are good – Ofsted
BEHAVIOUR of the 109 pupils at a village primary school is described as excellent by a Government inspector. Their moral and social understanding is outstanding; their behaviour excellent, says Roger Brown. It was just one of many qualities Mr Brown, fr
BEHAVIOUR of the 109 pupils at a village primary school is described as excellent by a Government inspector.
"Their moral and social understanding is outstanding; their behaviour excellent," says Roger Brown.
It was just one of many qualities Mr Brown, from OfSTED, picked up on during a recent visit to Gorefield School.
Teaching, leadership and management are good and pupils' behaviour is excellent, he concludes.
You may also want to watch:
"Teaching and learning are good. In the Foundation Stage it is outstanding. Activities are planned which meet the children's needs exceptionally well," the report states.
"Teachers have high expectations of the pupils and of themselves. There is a spirit of teamwork in the school and everyone works well together. Teachers and teaching assistants have excellent relationships with each other and with the pupils.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
"Teachers are thoughtful and creative in the way they teach. As a result of the good quality teaching, the pupils' learning is good."
Pupils are praised for their excellent behaviour, attitude to work and good attendance.
"The children's skills, knowledge and understanding at the end of their reception year are excellent," the report continues. "Pupils' progress continues to be good as they move up through the school."
Mr Brown refers to the 'excellent' work of governors and says: "The school was highly rated at the time of the last inspection and it has continued to improve well since then
"The acting headteacher is not just sustaining the school's success, but clearly helping to build its achievements even further."
Acting head Jennifer Spriggs said: "We are pleased that the inspector highlighted so many positive aspects of the school.