TASH FOR CHARITY: Wisbech work colleagues raise �2,000 with Movember challenge
WORKERS at a Wisbech business will be searching for their shavers today after raising more than �2,000 for charity by growing ‘Movember’ moustaches.
The staggering sum was raised for The Prostate Cancer Charity and the Institute of Cancer Research, with a host of workers at Anglia sprouting a tash for cash.
A team of 24 colleagues, led by Andrew Pockson, helped boost the final total.
Thousands of men have taken to sporting moustaches throughout November to raise funds and awareness for men’s health and prostate cancer.
John Bowman, Stuart Fickling, Kevin Clayton and Mr Pockson headed Anglia’s fundraising leaderboard with all four contributing �100 to the total.
Mr Pockson said: “I believe strongly in giving something back by making a contribution. Several suppliers got involved last year and we were really up for this.
“To get nearly a sixth of Anglia’s staff of 150 on board is terrific, I’ve been blown away with the support we’ve had.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
“It’s thanks to this and the fantastic generosity of customers and suppliers that we’ve reached this magnificent total.”
Anglia is the UK’s leading independent electronic component distributor. For more information on Movember visit www.uk.movember.com