TASH FOR CHARITY: Wisbech work colleagues raise �2,000 with Movember challenge
WORKERS at a Wisbech business will be searching for their shavers today after raising more than �2,000 for charity by growing ‘Movember’ moustaches.
The staggering sum was raised for The Prostate Cancer Charity and the Institute of Cancer Research, with a host of workers at Anglia sprouting a tash for cash.
A team of 24 colleagues, led by Andrew Pockson, helped boost the final total.
Thousands of men have taken to sporting moustaches throughout November to raise funds and awareness for men’s health and prostate cancer.
John Bowman, Stuart Fickling, Kevin Clayton and Mr Pockson headed Anglia’s fundraising leaderboard with all four contributing �100 to the total.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pockson said: “I believe strongly in giving something back by making a contribution. Several suppliers got involved last year and we were really up for this.
“To get nearly a sixth of Anglia’s staff of 150 on board is terrific, I’ve been blown away with the support we’ve had.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
“It’s thanks to this and the fantastic generosity of customers and suppliers that we’ve reached this magnificent total.”
Anglia is the UK’s leading independent electronic component distributor. For more information on Movember visit www.uk.movember.com