TASH FOR CHARITY: Wisbech work colleagues raise �2,000 with Movember challenge
WORKERS at a Wisbech business will be searching for their shavers today after raising more than �2,000 for charity by growing ‘Movember’ moustaches.
The staggering sum was raised for The Prostate Cancer Charity and the Institute of Cancer Research, with a host of workers at Anglia sprouting a tash for cash.
A team of 24 colleagues, led by Andrew Pockson, helped boost the final total.
Thousands of men have taken to sporting moustaches throughout November to raise funds and awareness for men’s health and prostate cancer.
John Bowman, Stuart Fickling, Kevin Clayton and Mr Pockson headed Anglia’s fundraising leaderboard with all four contributing �100 to the total.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pockson said: “I believe strongly in giving something back by making a contribution. Several suppliers got involved last year and we were really up for this.
“To get nearly a sixth of Anglia’s staff of 150 on board is terrific, I’ve been blown away with the support we’ve had.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 7 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
“It’s thanks to this and the fantastic generosity of customers and suppliers that we’ve reached this magnificent total.”
Anglia is the UK’s leading independent electronic component distributor. For more information on Movember visit www.uk.movember.com