TASH FOR CHARITY: Wisbech work colleagues raise �2,000 with Movember challenge
WORKERS at a Wisbech business will be searching for their shavers today after raising more than �2,000 for charity by growing ‘Movember’ moustaches.
The staggering sum was raised for The Prostate Cancer Charity and the Institute of Cancer Research, with a host of workers at Anglia sprouting a tash for cash.
A team of 24 colleagues, led by Andrew Pockson, helped boost the final total.
Thousands of men have taken to sporting moustaches throughout November to raise funds and awareness for men’s health and prostate cancer.
John Bowman, Stuart Fickling, Kevin Clayton and Mr Pockson headed Anglia’s fundraising leaderboard with all four contributing �100 to the total.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pockson said: “I believe strongly in giving something back by making a contribution. Several suppliers got involved last year and we were really up for this.
“To get nearly a sixth of Anglia’s staff of 150 on board is terrific, I’ve been blown away with the support we’ve had.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 7 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Man who died in road crash is named
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
“It’s thanks to this and the fantastic generosity of customers and suppliers that we’ve reached this magnificent total.”
Anglia is the UK’s leading independent electronic component distributor. For more information on Movember visit www.uk.movember.com