Rockers, hippies and punks welcome to celebrate musical memories from 60s, 70s and 80s at Horsefair in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An event celebrating musical memories from the 60s, 70s and 80s is coming to the Wisbech Horsefair next week.
‘Talkin Bout My Generation’ is a one day event held on Thusday March 29 from 10am to 3pm.
Organisers will provide clothes and accessories from the eras to dress up in.
It is funded by the Heritage Lottery and run by Hilary Cox Condron and pop culture activist Jess Johnston.
Hilary and Jess will be at the Horsefair Shopping Centre, at the side of Boots, gathering memories and stories of the music scene in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Hilary said: “Come along and be prepared to have your memories tickled and spin a few singles in our retro music booths.
“Dress up in the clothes and accessories of the era, share photos and stories and even go back to the day with some classic scents and tastes.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
“Old Spice and Spacedust, anyone - from buying your first record at Clarke’s to gigs at the Corn Exchange and playing in local bands – we would love to hear your stories and see your photos.”