Talented Walpole schoolgirl wins Berol art competition
A TALENTED artist made her mark in a school colouring competition.
Ashleigh Jarvis-Lee created a sky-blue coloured artwork with a sun, rainbows and smiling children as part of a competition by Berol.
Judges were so impressed they gave her �1,000 of writing products for her school so she and her friends can colour away to their hearts content.
The 10-year-old also bagged a �100 voucher to spend at Toys R Us.
Lottie Sellors, Ashleigh’s teacher at Walpole Highway Church of England Primary School, said: “We are very proud of Ashleigh and the other pupils who entered the competition. We are over the moon.”
You may also want to watch:
The school has now been entered into a competition by Berol to win a new 17-seat minibus.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash