Taking part in the Great School Run
PUPILS at West Walton Primary School and Ramnoth Junior School in Wisbech, put their running shoes on to take part in Tesco s Great School Run. The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor David Oliver, sent pupils on their way at Ramnoth School for their run. All th
PUPILS at West Walton Primary School and Ramnoth Junior School in Wisbech, put their running shoes on to take part in Tesco's Great School Run.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor David Oliver, sent pupils on their way at Ramnoth School for their run. All the pupils had to complete a two mile distance and did so by running, walking or jogging 12 laps of the school playing field.
Meanwhile, all the children at West Walton School competed a certain distance of the school field compared to their age - from half a lap for nursery children to four laps for Year 6 pupils. They were joined by their parents and school staff for the walk, while the school association provided refreshments.
Felicity Walsh, secretary at West Walton School, said: "It was very well received and the children had a great time."
You may also want to watch:
The runs were held as part of supermarket giant Tesco's record attempt to get 500,000 children taking part in the run on the same day.
Andy Fawkes, a teacher at Ramnoth School who organised the event, said: "It is all part of Tesco's aim to get children into exercise and this was one way of doing it.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial