Taking part in the Great School Run
PUPILS at West Walton Primary School and Ramnoth Junior School in Wisbech, put their running shoes on to take part in Tesco s Great School Run. The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor David Oliver, sent pupils on their way at Ramnoth School for their run. All th
PUPILS at West Walton Primary School and Ramnoth Junior School in Wisbech, put their running shoes on to take part in Tesco's Great School Run.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor David Oliver, sent pupils on their way at Ramnoth School for their run. All the pupils had to complete a two mile distance and did so by running, walking or jogging 12 laps of the school playing field.
Meanwhile, all the children at West Walton School competed a certain distance of the school field compared to their age - from half a lap for nursery children to four laps for Year 6 pupils. They were joined by their parents and school staff for the walk, while the school association provided refreshments.
Felicity Walsh, secretary at West Walton School, said: "It was very well received and the children had a great time."
You may also want to watch:
The runs were held as part of supermarket giant Tesco's record attempt to get 500,000 children taking part in the run on the same day.
Andy Fawkes, a teacher at Ramnoth School who organised the event, said: "It is all part of Tesco's aim to get children into exercise and this was one way of doing it.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition