Syringe found on children’s swing in Wisbech play park
- Credit: Archant
A photo showing a syringe left lying on a children’s swing in a Wisbech play park has sparked debate on social media.
However it is not the only item that was found at the Burcroft Road play area – broken spirit bottles and soiled underwear have also allegedly been found in the same location.
The photo of the syringe was posted to the Facebook page Wisbech Free Discussion with the comment: “On a kids swing. Scum has sunk to an all time low in Burcroft Road.
“Used needles, broken spirit bottles, soiled underwear.
“Lots of kids play in this little park unaware of the extreme danger they are in.
“I have reported this sort of thing to police in the past and there is little they can do.
“I have put the offending object in the bin five yards away.”
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 7 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
Dozens of people have since commented on the post