Syringe found on children’s swing in Wisbech play park
- Credit: Archant
A photo showing a syringe left lying on a children’s swing in a Wisbech play park has sparked debate on social media.
However it is not the only item that was found at the Burcroft Road play area – broken spirit bottles and soiled underwear have also allegedly been found in the same location.
The photo of the syringe was posted to the Facebook page Wisbech Free Discussion with the comment: “On a kids swing. Scum has sunk to an all time low in Burcroft Road.
“Used needles, broken spirit bottles, soiled underwear.
“Lots of kids play in this little park unaware of the extreme danger they are in.
“I have reported this sort of thing to police in the past and there is little they can do.
“I have put the offending object in the bin five yards away.”
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
Dozens of people have since commented on the post