Man from Wisbech arrested in connection with suspected keyless theft of luxury Mercedes-Benz E-Class car
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland man has been arrested in connection with the suspected keyless theft of a luxury Mercedes-Benz E-Class car.
The 37-year-old man from Wisbech, who has not yet been named, was arrested following a search warrant at an industrial garage in the town on Wednesday, March 3.
The suspected stolen E-Class car was found and recovered by officers. It is thought the car was taken using illegal keyless technology which extends the range of the car’s key.
Sergeant Chris Acourt said: “This is another positive step in the fight against car thefts. The introduction of keyless technology has created a new window for criminals to utilise.
“By conducting this warrant we have not only recovered a stolen vehicle but potentially cut out a source for future thefts.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested on suspicion of attempted theft of a motor vehicle and has since been released under investigation.
Auto Express says a device which contains signal-blocking materials can be bought to stop your key transmitting its code, preventing anyone from detecting and amplifying the signal.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running