Man from Wisbech arrested in connection with suspected keyless theft of luxury Mercedes-Benz E-Class car
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland man has been arrested in connection with the suspected keyless theft of a luxury Mercedes-Benz E-Class car.
The 37-year-old man from Wisbech, who has not yet been named, was arrested following a search warrant at an industrial garage in the town on Wednesday, March 3.
The suspected stolen E-Class car was found and recovered by officers. It is thought the car was taken using illegal keyless technology which extends the range of the car’s key.
Sergeant Chris Acourt said: “This is another positive step in the fight against car thefts. The introduction of keyless technology has created a new window for criminals to utilise.
“By conducting this warrant we have not only recovered a stolen vehicle but potentially cut out a source for future thefts.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested on suspicion of attempted theft of a motor vehicle and has since been released under investigation.
Auto Express says a device which contains signal-blocking materials can be bought to stop your key transmitting its code, preventing anyone from detecting and amplifying the signal.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road