Driver arrested with no licence and no insurance after suspected cannabis-fuelled police chase in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied/FenCops
A man has been arrested after driving with no licence and no insurance in a suspected cannabis-fuelled police chase in the Fens.
The driver of a silver 4x4 Jeep failed to stop for pursuing police officers in Wisbech at around 6.50pm on Saturday, February 8.
Police chased the car through the Fen town before stopping it on Cherry Road where the driver failed a roadside drug test.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "At about 18:49 hours a Silver Jeep 4X4 failed to stop for an officer in Wisbech.
"After a short pursuit one male was arrested for failing to stop, driving with no insurance, no licence and for failing the Drugwipe for cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
"The vehicle was seized and the driver was taken to the police investigation centre where enquires continue."
Police confirm the driver has since been released and is under investigation.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police