Driver arrested with no licence and no insurance after suspected cannabis-fuelled police chase in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied/FenCops
A man has been arrested after driving with no licence and no insurance in a suspected cannabis-fuelled police chase in the Fens.
The driver of a silver 4x4 Jeep failed to stop for pursuing police officers in Wisbech at around 6.50pm on Saturday, February 8.
Police chased the car through the Fen town before stopping it on Cherry Road where the driver failed a roadside drug test.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "At about 18:49 hours a Silver Jeep 4X4 failed to stop for an officer in Wisbech.
"After a short pursuit one male was arrested for failing to stop, driving with no insurance, no licence and for failing the Drugwipe for cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
"The vehicle was seized and the driver was taken to the police investigation centre where enquires continue."
Police confirm the driver has since been released and is under investigation.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’