Driver arrested with no licence and no insurance after suspected cannabis-fuelled police chase in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied/FenCops
A man has been arrested after driving with no licence and no insurance in a suspected cannabis-fuelled police chase in the Fens.
The driver of a silver 4x4 Jeep failed to stop for pursuing police officers in Wisbech at around 6.50pm on Saturday, February 8.
Police chased the car through the Fen town before stopping it on Cherry Road where the driver failed a roadside drug test.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "At about 18:49 hours a Silver Jeep 4X4 failed to stop for an officer in Wisbech.
"After a short pursuit one male was arrested for failing to stop, driving with no insurance, no licence and for failing the Drugwipe for cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
"The vehicle was seized and the driver was taken to the police investigation centre where enquires continue."
Police confirm the driver has since been released and is under investigation.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen