Super slimmer Sandy drops 10 dress sizes after losing four stone in 30 weeks in Outwell
- Credit: Archant
A super slimmer has been named Outwell’s Slimming World ‘Woman of the Year’ 2018 thanks to her life-changing four stone weight loss dropping from a size 28 to 18.
Sandi Turner, 54, from Lakes End, has been chosen to represent the Outwell Slimming World group in the nationwide Slimming World Woman of the Year 2018 competition.
Sandi, who dropped the pounds in just 30 weeks, said: “I never could have dreamt that I’d be in this position when I first began my weight loss journey.
“Losing weight has made such a big difference to me. My health is better, I have more energy, I’m happier and I feel more comfortable in my own skin.”
She joined Slimming World in January 2018 after becoming increasingly unhappy with her size.
You may also want to watch:
“I started to put on weight after having my children. I tried lots of different ways to lose weight but they usually left me feeling hungry or miserable – or both, in fact,” she said.
“My family and friends are all amazed by how much I can eat and still lose weight. I still eat many of the same meals that I did before I started losing weight, like roast dinners and spaghetti Bolognese.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
Sandi lost 3lbs in her first week and was blown away that the changes she’d made had such a big impact so quickly. She achieved her one stone weight loss in seven weeks.
She added: “I feel like a different woman to the one who walked into Slimming World seven months ago and winning Woman of the Year is a real honour because there are so many amazing women in our group.”
Sandi is now off to spend a couple of weeks with her family at Disney World, almost four and a half stone lighter.
Jo Johnson Andow, who runs the Outwell group, said: “I’m so proud of Sandi. She’s a fantastic ambassador for Slimming World and what she’s achieved is nothing short of incredible.
“She’s a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women – and men – in Outwell and surrounding villages to change their lives in the same way.”
The Outwell Slimming World group is held every Thursday at 9.30am at Outwell Village Hall.
To join or find out more call Jo on 07527 646062.