Success for Wisbech designer Katie Sykes as she bags sales in Germany, Australia on top of early successes in other countries
- Credit: Supplied
A fashion graduate from Wisbech is hoping to bag as many online sales as she can after starting her own accessories business.
After a successful launch in May, Katherena Bags has now been picked up by online boutiques in Germany and Australia – which began selling its products this month.
Katie Sykes set up her company after a less than enjoyable experience of London living caused her to give up her dream job as a celebrity stylist and move home to Wisbech.
The 24-year-old designs the bags herself, which come in three styles – clutch, rucksack and holdall – named after streets she has lived on. The online-only business sells to the UK, USA and Europe.
Ms Sykes said: “The first month or two was brilliant, and I had a fantastic launch.
You may also want to watch:
“In the first year I’m estimating I’ll make about £10,000 in sales, but I’ve had a lot of overheads.”
She has two new bag designs in the pipeline, which could go on sale this year.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused