Success for Wisbech designer Katie Sykes as she bags sales in Germany, Australia on top of early successes in other countries
- Credit: Supplied
A fashion graduate from Wisbech is hoping to bag as many online sales as she can after starting her own accessories business.
After a successful launch in May, Katherena Bags has now been picked up by online boutiques in Germany and Australia – which began selling its products this month.
Katie Sykes set up her company after a less than enjoyable experience of London living caused her to give up her dream job as a celebrity stylist and move home to Wisbech.
The 24-year-old designs the bags herself, which come in three styles – clutch, rucksack and holdall – named after streets she has lived on. The online-only business sells to the UK, USA and Europe.
Ms Sykes said: “The first month or two was brilliant, and I had a fantastic launch.
You may also want to watch:
“In the first year I’m estimating I’ll make about £10,000 in sales, but I’ve had a lot of overheads.”
She has two new bag designs in the pipeline, which could go on sale this year.
- 1 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council