Success for Wisbech designer Katie Sykes as she bags sales in Germany, Australia on top of early successes in other countries
- Credit: Supplied
A fashion graduate from Wisbech is hoping to bag as many online sales as she can after starting her own accessories business.
After a successful launch in May, Katherena Bags has now been picked up by online boutiques in Germany and Australia – which began selling its products this month.
Katie Sykes set up her company after a less than enjoyable experience of London living caused her to give up her dream job as a celebrity stylist and move home to Wisbech.
The 24-year-old designs the bags herself, which come in three styles – clutch, rucksack and holdall – named after streets she has lived on. The online-only business sells to the UK, USA and Europe.
Ms Sykes said: “The first month or two was brilliant, and I had a fantastic launch.
You may also want to watch:
“In the first year I’m estimating I’ll make about £10,000 in sales, but I’ve had a lot of overheads.”
She has two new bag designs in the pipeline, which could go on sale this year.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured