Success at first Wisbech business fire safety seminar
- Credit: Archant
Business owners have been swotting up on fire safety at the launch of a series of seminars in Wisbech.
The first business fire safety seminar in Fenland took place on April 20 at Wisbech Fire Station and invited owners and managers from local firms to learn more about how to comply with fire safety regulations and legislation in the workplace.
Crew commander Tim Carr said: “The crew at Wisbech have been determined to join up with our fire safety team to launch the business seminars in Fenland after hearing about their success elsewhere in Cambridgeshire.
“The aim of these sessions is to help local Fenland businesses improve fire safety.
“The first event was a great success with a full attendance of nine candidates, all of whom provided excellent feedback, saying it was extremely helpful and beneficial.”
The two-hour sessions start at 9am and aim to give people a brief explanation of the Fire Safety Order and the requirements of a fire risk assessment.
Three further seminars at the town’s fire station are planned for July 12, September 14 and November 22.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
To book a place, go online or call 01480 444500.