Success at first Wisbech business fire safety seminar
- Credit: Archant
Business owners have been swotting up on fire safety at the launch of a series of seminars in Wisbech.
The first business fire safety seminar in Fenland took place on April 20 at Wisbech Fire Station and invited owners and managers from local firms to learn more about how to comply with fire safety regulations and legislation in the workplace.
Crew commander Tim Carr said: “The crew at Wisbech have been determined to join up with our fire safety team to launch the business seminars in Fenland after hearing about their success elsewhere in Cambridgeshire.
“The aim of these sessions is to help local Fenland businesses improve fire safety.
“The first event was a great success with a full attendance of nine candidates, all of whom provided excellent feedback, saying it was extremely helpful and beneficial.”
You may also want to watch:
The two-hour sessions start at 9am and aim to give people a brief explanation of the Fire Safety Order and the requirements of a fire risk assessment.
Three further seminars at the town’s fire station are planned for July 12, September 14 and November 22.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Hammers and knives, drug driving and Covid-19 breaches lead to arrests
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Teacher’s 1,000 press-ups charity challenge in friend's memory
To book a place, go online or call 01480 444500.