Success at first Wisbech business fire safety seminar
- Credit: Archant
Business owners have been swotting up on fire safety at the launch of a series of seminars in Wisbech.
The first business fire safety seminar in Fenland took place on April 20 at Wisbech Fire Station and invited owners and managers from local firms to learn more about how to comply with fire safety regulations and legislation in the workplace.
Crew commander Tim Carr said: “The crew at Wisbech have been determined to join up with our fire safety team to launch the business seminars in Fenland after hearing about their success elsewhere in Cambridgeshire.
“The aim of these sessions is to help local Fenland businesses improve fire safety.
“The first event was a great success with a full attendance of nine candidates, all of whom provided excellent feedback, saying it was extremely helpful and beneficial.”
You may also want to watch:
The two-hour sessions start at 9am and aim to give people a brief explanation of the Fire Safety Order and the requirements of a fire risk assessment.
Three further seminars at the town’s fire station are planned for July 12, September 14 and November 22.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
To book a place, go online or call 01480 444500.