Stunning production of Peter Pan at Magdalene House prep school, Wisbech, raises over £750 for children’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Magdalene House, the preparatory school for Wisbech Grammar School, dazzled audiences with their annual whole school production of Peter Pan.
Every child from the reception class to year 6 participated in the show which stayed true to the original Barrie story.
Registrar Karen Barclay said; “It was a wonderful celebration of all things magical and included songs and dances from Charleston to good old fashioned music hall numbers. “As usual there were a few modern twists along the way.”
Director of music Marie Cunningham said, “The children have worked exceptionally hard, not only in preparing for our production, but also in raising for Great Ormond Street Hospital, with treasure hunts and bad hair days.
“The show was a huge success for pupils at Magdalene House and delighted audiences at the three performances”.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster, Chris Moxon, said, “Once again the pupils of Magdalene House have produced a fantastic show featuring every pupil in the school from the smallest child in reception to the oldest one in prep 6.
“Our director of music Marie Cunningham rightly takes the credit but it really has been a team effort from all our pupils and their teachers.”
- 1 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
The production raised over £750 for Great Ormond Street hospital.