Stunning production of Peter Pan at Magdalene House prep school, Wisbech, raises over £750 for children’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Magdalene House, the preparatory school for Wisbech Grammar School, dazzled audiences with their annual whole school production of Peter Pan.
Every child from the reception class to year 6 participated in the show which stayed true to the original Barrie story.
Registrar Karen Barclay said; “It was a wonderful celebration of all things magical and included songs and dances from Charleston to good old fashioned music hall numbers. “As usual there were a few modern twists along the way.”
Director of music Marie Cunningham said, “The children have worked exceptionally hard, not only in preparing for our production, but also in raising for Great Ormond Street Hospital, with treasure hunts and bad hair days.
“The show was a huge success for pupils at Magdalene House and delighted audiences at the three performances”.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster, Chris Moxon, said, “Once again the pupils of Magdalene House have produced a fantastic show featuring every pupil in the school from the smallest child in reception to the oldest one in prep 6.
“Our director of music Marie Cunningham rightly takes the credit but it really has been a team effort from all our pupils and their teachers.”
- 1 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
The production raised over £750 for Great Ormond Street hospital.